Monday 19 February 2007

AC Milan

Looks like another nervous night tomorrow. Although I'm not unhappy with the January signings I would have preferred it if we had an addition for this game. I wasn't concerned about Hartley going to Rangers but he does seem to be playing well now, when he looked like he was having a poor season. Pressley was a good piece of business.

I'm expecting another game where Celtic look second best but as the game approaches I can't lose this feeling that we are going to win. I stopped doing the lottery as each Saturday I always expected to win. I knew it was a stupid feeling but the only way to stop it was not to buy a ticket.

Celtic will always have a chance with Nakamura and JVOH. Nakamura is world class at free kicks and his all round play is brilliant. JVOH also looks different class and I think he was a steal for the money we paid. The problem again will be defending. But you can't rule out 2-0.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it Gerry. We'll be second best for sure but we're playing OK right now and wee Gordon knows what he's doing.

    I'm a fan of Paul Hartley so I was concerned about him going to TFOD (The Forces of Darkness) and I was delighted when we signed him. And so far, so good, I would say about him.

    Agree Naka is world-class but can disappear from games - the Italians will try to be physical with him but he has something to prove to them (he failed in Italian football).

    Can't see 2-0 (the bookies want to meet you Gerry) but maybe 2-1 or 3-2 or something like that. But my head tells me 1-1.

    One

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes 2-0 was just my inability to be realistic. I won't be going to the bookies.

    It was a reasonable result as they didn't create that many chances although overall they were in a different class. Surprisingly our defence was decent although the full backs didn't give us much going forward. Their full backs stopped us playing on the wings and we didn't have any other ideas.

    I wonder if we are doomed to stay at this level. Although in saying that it would be great to make the last 16 next year as well. Although we are the best in a small country PSV and Porto are too and they seem to have in the last few years become a fixture at this level in Europe. We need to get there.

    The main thing now is not to come back from Milan having been thrashed. That won't help in attracting players. We definitely need a couple of top class players (one forward especially)if we want to reach the same level next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happy to settle for a draw, given Milan's possession in the second half (without really creating a clear-cut chance). I think wee Gordon'd also reasonably happy with the result too. Let's hope Milan think that the tie is over and take it easy in the next game. I think that that is possible - and, if so, we could sneak a (scoring) draw. It annoys me the way that Miller gets pelters when other strikers don't. He wasn't good last night - but neither were most other players - including Hesselink.

    ReplyDelete