Saturday 29 March 2008

Celtic to win

Despite the reality of the situation I am holding to the belief that Celtic will win today because they are a better team and they need it more. The longer we can keep a clean sheet the more likely I think it is that we can win. Our skill will eventually win through if we don't have to come from a goal down.

Unfortunately every time I buy a lottery ticket, until those balls start to fall, I actually believe I will win.

But what is life without hope?

Now for a nerve wracking couple of hours.

2 comments:

  1. Just watched the game Gerry and read your post just before it started. I was out and picked it up on my phone. I got home in time to see the second half, which, by all accounts, we were poorer than the first - which is just as well as I thought we were pretty dire.

    Had I read your post when I was at home I would have commended your optimism but disagreed that we're a better team than them. I think we delude ourselves a bit on that count. They're not very good - but neither are we.

    One point - we don't score in big games away from home. It looks like our forwards and midfielders don't have the quality to break down decent (or even half decent) teams away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it only me or does wee Gordon irritate you when he talks after a match like it was a pre-season friendly?

    Every time we get beat his comments have a "just as well this game didn't matter" tone. This morning, I read that he said yesterday was the first time that McGeady and Nakamura played well together - as though it was September and this augered well for the future. The fact that he doesn't really know his best team at this stage of the season tells its own story (expect Donati and/or Sno back next weekend).

    Best to say nothing Gordon when the performance effectively ended the season and left us supporting Sporting Lisbon and Aberdeen/Queen of the South.

    ReplyDelete